Monday, August 19, 2024

Writing Club Tonight

Every other Monday from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. I zoom with my writing club. We are working on fictional projects of one kind or another. I am working on a fantasy novel about a big orange cat who is in his ninth life because - didn't I mention this already - it is a fantasy novel

 I thought maybe it would be something appropriate for the whole family, but my characters keep wanting to have sex with one another. This is both a problem and an opportunity from a marketing standpoint.

The bartender came out of a door behind the bar about halfway down, carrying a bottle of dark liquor. He was the new thing, and she – so the cow presented and to question would have been disrespect - noticed him. She put the bottle down and leaned against the bar. She was …. Katt smiled. She was appraising him, nothing passive about that silent look, sizing him up, categorizing, arriving at conclusions. She was a cow, probably a Holstein, black and white coat, the usual huge beautiful brown eyes, full lips and full bosom, everything full measure and perhaps a little more. She gave a modest tug to her blouse – frilly, low-cut and engagingly kitschy – and sauntered over. ‘I think I’m supposed to call you stranger,’ she said. ‘What would you like? Which we probably don’t have.’ She leaned toward and he had a glimpse of one of the four nipples on her left breast.

No comments: