Tuesday, July 26, 2005

You Have to Read Down Down Down to Get the Why Why Why

The "gauche post" fracas continues. A female member of the string has spoken, and it appears that what we like to think is a non journo/educo is sending her sinister emails. This is why I don't like the "internet conversation" sometimes.

On Jul 25, 2005, at 9:00 PM, JT wrote:

This from my new e-mail friend...

Let me guess. A b i g girl are we? 200-225 lbs.? Angry, oh so angry.
And righteous, Vindictive too. Lucky to have a job and scrambling to
keep it.

Stand down Prunella. Take it easy. Things will work out. You don't
need to push so hard.

:-} And have a nice day.


Back to me. Ouch. Doesn't that have an eerie "I'm down in my parents' basement rewriting the conclusion of Silence of the Lambs" tone? Genuinely creepy, the mastery of which is a skill. How much I would like to come to JT's aid -- which apparently she does not need -- with a shutdown comeback to the Midnight Creeper. Unfortunately, I have learned that I will never be able to push some people's buttons with the cruel precision that they can press mine.

But I would like to. I guess it's a guy thing compounded by being a word thing.

No comments: