Thursday, October 13, 2005

Vain Bastard

Of course, I know better than to open attachments from someone you don't know, but the following seems designed to hook preening profs. But it looks as if my virus protection saved me. Because I did try to unzip.

Close one.


Hello,

We have been thinking of including you in the new campus magazine in an article headed "Campus Life". Can you approve the photo and article for us before we go to printing please.

If any details are wrong then we can amend before printing on Friday the 28th of October so please get back to us as soon as possible.


Many Thanks & Best Regards,
J Chuang
Editor

*******************************************************************************
Please respond before Wednesday to ensure we have time to edit!
********************************************************************

***********

Postscript:

But the damn message resent a second time, so without trying to unzip the attachment, I replied: "Touch up photo to make me look younger," a comment that would be apt in any context, whether treacherous or sincere.

And back the answer came:


A message (from ) was received at 13 Oct 2005 18:37:56 +0000.
The following addresses had delivery problems:

Permanent Failure:
550_:_Recipient_address_rejected:_No_such_user
\
Now break my heart.

No comments: