Monday, September 21, 2009

The Berserker


View Larger Map

Weren't beserkers Norse warriors who cultivated a fine madness when they went into battle?

Yesterday lightning strikes at the Tampa airport delayed my US Air flight into Phoenix, where I missed my Oakland connection by ten minutes. I did get a good five hours sleep at the airport Crown Plaza so I can't pretend I slept on a hard bench in the airport to save money.

Arrived at Oakland at 9:30 a.m., home by a little after 10, time to dab the armpits, put on the crisp shirt and fight bridge traffic -- which the new wiggle detour near Yerba Buena island has certainly slowed down -- and made it to class with a full five minutes to spare.

But my brain was roasted, and I fear I was rather random in my remarks *and you could see the fear in the faces of the lambs.* But a good night's sleep and I probably won't remember at thing.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: