Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Students Aren't Quite Sure about My Making Them Use Twitter

Best Tweet Ever !Image by johanneskr via Flickr

Or, to put it another way, they are pretty sure it's a waste of time, but I make them do it anyway because it can bring readers to their blog entries and it may encourage us to notice things on campus that may be the tip of an actual news story.

Today, I sent them this message:

John Mayer could only love a woman who uses Twitter.

He said he still loved Aniston, but then noting their age difference (she just turned 41), he said: "I can't change the fact that I need to be 32."

He also said she didn't appreciate new technology: "The brunt of her success came before TMZ and Twitter. I think she's still hoping it goes back to 1998. She saw my involvement in technology as courting distraction. And I always said, 'These are the new rules,"' he said.

It's from ... I've lost where it's from! Sorry.

This from WSJ:

(Read Mayer’s updated apology Twitter stream.)
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: