Thursday, June 07, 2007

An Unknown Now Known

Would I rather see -- in person; me present in the flesh on the spot -- a pitcher throw a no-hitter against my beautiful A's or would I rather see perfection spoiled by my beautiful A's in the bottom of the ninth with two out, which is not so good a story?

Up until this afternoon, I would have said if the pitcher in question was the Bush-loving Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, oh please let a hit spoil the moment. With some other pitchers, perhaps I would savor the "baseballiness" of being present at a big-league no hitter.

But not if the pitcher was Curt Schilling. Just too much Bush-loving.

Another hypothetical resolved! My assumption about Bush-hating trumping "baseballiness" was correct. This afternoon with two out in the bottom of the ninth inning, the Bush-loving Curt Schilling had not allowed a hit.

I was *screaming* for Mr. Shannon Stewart to break up the no-no.

He did, sharply, on the first pitch. The next batter popped out, but that was okay.

The Bush-loving Curt Schilling had been denied his conquest if not his victory.

No comments: