Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nailed!

Hey Dr. J,

I was on MySpace and saw a feature for rating your professor. I looked up USF and then you. Looks like you got a B-. Not bad, but I would definitely give you an A+! I attached a screenshot. I don't think you can read the two comments, so I pasted them here:

Journalism 1 05/06/2008 C This professor is a great challenge, but not in a good way. In the class I found it hard to understand what my personal issues were, when it came down to writing. He never really helped me, and I advise people to not take journalism at USF, how about that. Don't take it. You do not need a class to critique you. Students need a class to better develop their journalistic voice. [Flag as Abuse]
Journalism 1 06/13/2006 B The work can be tough and at times lectures can be long and boring. What makes him great is how passionate he really is about teaching young journalists. He always is open to talk and you can always ask questions. Would highly recommend him

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do not need a class to critique you? Right there, the dismissal of the professor's authority, the refusal to submit to others who might know more, the implied appeal to what Alan Senuake calls 'horizontalizing mind' (one sans hierarchies), the implication that college is about developing our untutored voices & making us feel good, the invitation, iow, to commit fraud in the name of education. Did I miss anything?

Amber said...

I don't know how anyone could possibly find your lectures boring.

....J.Michael Robertson said...

I like to think they have that Tony Perkins quality of lunatic danger.