Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Sour Prediction. A *Dour* Prediction

The State Capitol in SacramentoImage via Wikipedia

Today I will vote yes for all the Cal save-the-budget props on the principle that when you combine the agony of getting the last flawed budget deal through the California legislature -- 1/3rd of the Repubs, plus one equals stalemate -- with the willingness of those Repubs to push off a financial cliff for partisan advantage, well, there are degrees of lousy. I'll take what's on the table.

But it looks as if all the important propositions will lose. And I'm thinking all those who think we can play chicken with the legislature are wrong.

I would be so glad to be wrong.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Peter Moore said...

I voted no. Was gonna go yes but 1D & 1E especially pissed me off. In any sane state this would be a legislative function. California is fucked up. Too much damn voting on policy issues. It's government by public opinion poll.

....J.Michael Robertson said...

It's degrees of stupid. I think voting these down and assuming something better will be produced is wishful thinking, though I wish it, too.