Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Gay Marriage Cool, Not Creepy

Map of the Iowa Senate districtsImage via Wikipedia

I do tend to get all mushy when people who look like me and act like me and have been around the block as many times as me do the right thing. I found this in Daily Kos. I steal it and hide it here.

Update: This is remarkable, from the Democratic Majority Leader of the Iowa Senate:

As a matter of fact, last Friday night, I hugged my wife. You know Ive been married for 37 years. I hugged my wife. I felt like our love was just a little more meaningful last Friday night because thousands of other Iowa citizens could hug each other and have the state recognize their love for each other.


And here's a bullet point from Kos himself.

  • You know what would help with marriage equality? For gay couples who have committed themselves to each other to call each other "husband" and "wife". I still hear "my partner" way too much. The more people get used to men talking about their husbands, and women talking about their wives, the easier it'll be to change the culture and, ultimately, the law.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: