Saturday, February 24, 2007

A Poll That Stank

I thought the following was a clever, even an enjoyable poll because I thought most Friend of the Blog would recognize most of the movies from which these famous last lines were taken and, during this Oscar season, would like picking their favorite last line -- which is not quite the same as picking your favorite movie.

Such was not the case. So, as we say goodby to this poll, out of curiosity I ask: How many of these movies referenced in this poll *can* you identify?

To be honest, I would have gotten seven.

Selection
Votes
"We're the people that live. They can't wipe us out. They can't lick us. And we'll go on forever, Pa... 'cause... we're the people.” 0%0
“Pa's got things for you to do, and Mother wants you. I know she does. Shane. Shane! Come back! 'Bye, Shane.” 0%0
“Madness. Madness.” 0%0
“He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?...Adios!” 0%0
“Mein Fuehrer, I can walk!” 100%1
“Fatigue reading four and a half. Looks good! We're going for seconds. Attention, gonads, we're going for a record.” 0%0
“You okay, Jim? How do you feel?” "Young. I feel young." 0%0
“I’m so happy that I am alive, in one piece and short. I’m in a world of shit, yes. But I am alive. And I am not afraid.” 0%0
“I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.” 0%0
“Let's live here! We'll rent to start.” 0%0
“Well, nobody’s perfect.” 0%0
“Well, come see a fat old man sometime!” 0%0
1 vote total
Poll powered by Pollhost. Poll results are subject to error. Pollhost does not pre-screen the content of polls created by Pollhost customers.


2 comments:

Peter Moore said...

OK

Grapes of Wrath
Shane
Bridge on the River Kwai
Touch of Evil
Dr. Strangelove
Everything you Always Wanted to Know About Sex (Guess)
? (some Star Trek movie?)
Full Metal Jacket
Goodfellas
Groundhog Day
Some Like it Hot

How'd I do?

B. Wieder said...

I got Grapes, Shane, Strangelove, Everything About Sex, Star Trek, and guessed Viva Zapata. Was evidently wrong about Gigi, PeeWee's Big Adventure, and Deep Throat.