Sunday, September 21, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

What an exciting day. The fantasy league had its annual outing at Raider-marred Macfee Coliseum here in Oakland, though MacAfee has declined to pick up the naming rights and as a result I am having a hard time spelling ... that name.

The A's won on the dying fall of an off-field Jack Cust home run that traveled a scosh over 300 feet. For a while there my forearms were paralyzed, but around the seventh inning the sun crept up the ranked seats and warmed them and I lost the dollar I had bet that the sun would not make it and that I would never play the bottle opener again.

Deposition Man has a new girl friend, and he brought her along as Sarah Palin might bring home a trophy. Though I believe she field dresses her victims, dismembering them on the spot. So void the comparison, please.

I told Depo's new girl that the BMW was *not* his, and the rental agency would give them heck if they scratched it and that it was nice to see him out with a woman who didn't have a home arrest bracelet on her ankle.

That's what friends are for, right? It's called acceptance.

Came home and graded for a while. Saw a lovely squirrel come scurrying through the tree under whose boughs I was assigning value. The lovely squirrel jumped to the top of our attached shed.

It was a rat. We have a tree rat, which my wife says is among the most evilest of all rats. Sigh. What a day.

But good going, Depo man. Better to marry than burn. Get a restraining order against that rat soonest.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: