Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Just Say No

For the first time in 30 years I will not be filling out my NCAA brackets, either in the office pool or online or with chums or by my lonesome just for the hell of if.

This is spring break. I have gardening, grading, student blog monitoring and novel rewriting to do, plus doing some cooking since my wife doesn't have spring break. She has 60-hour weeks.

Don't worry. It's the old familiar She Makes the Living but I Make the Living Worthwhile.

That's what a Sweet Man does. Read the job description.

Anyway, if I pick the games then I will follow the games, thrill to the games, care about the games, spend time watching the games on TV during this week of televised plenty.

Got work to do. Tell me when it's over.

Or remind me next week in time for the Sweet Sixteen. Those are games you don't have to bet on to enjoy.

No comments: