Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pissed

The Fury of Athamas by John Flaxman (1755-1826).Image via Wikipedia

Some people can't hold their liquor. I can't hold my anger. Yesterday I became very very angry with ....

It doesn't matter. Not with my wife. She's the one saying: "Rage, rage, my king. In some instances, anger is simple self-respect. Turn the other cheek, but as the country preacher said, 'That third lick is yourn.'"

But this morning I've lost my head of steam. Still, one recalls Frost.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not academic politics, old sport? Didn't I warn you?