Thursday, January 31, 2008

Seinfeld Fans Will Understand. (But Damn the Doc for Spoiling My Feasting Upon Fallen Food.)

This is from a New York times story about a scientific experiment to determine the disease potential in "double dipping." I need provide no more context than that. I know my reader.

I mean, readers.

Professor Dawson said that Timmy was essentially correct. “The way I would put it is, before you have some dip at a party, look around and ask yourself, would I be willing to kiss everyone here? Because you don’t know who might be double dipping, and those who do are sharing their saliva with you.”

Professor Dawson encourages his undergraduate teams to test popular conceptions about food safety in the laboratory. Last year he published a paper on the five-second rule, which states that food dropped on the floor can be safely eaten if you pick it up before you can count to five. The rule turned out to be false.

2 comments:

Peter Moore said...

You don't want to kiss me?

....J.Michael Robertson said...

I believe the operative word is "everyone."